Lily and "The Mother" enjoyed these cookies on a train, but they are a delicious cookie any "How I Met Your Mother" fan can make at home!
Such a strange name, but if you're a fan of "How I Met Your Mother", you may already be familiar with what these Sumbitches are. Basically, the name came about because all you can utter is "sumbitch" because your mouth is full of these amazing cookies. If you prefer a more PG name, these cookies are peanut butter, chocolate, and caramel cookies. Basically, they are Rolo-stuffed peanut butter cookies. They are not really chewy peanut butter cookies, but I feel having the Rolo in the center makes up for them not being chewy - which is my preferred kind of cookie.
I actually cannot remember if I actively was searching for the recipe or if it was something that popped up in my Facebook feed or what, but now that I am rewatching HIMYM, I am definitely going to make a batch of these to enjoy when I rewatch those later episodes!
What you need:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 36 chocolate-covered caramel candies, like Rolos
- Beat butter, sugars, and peanut butter in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until blended.
- Cover and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, wrap 2 Tbsp. dough around each caramel candy and roll into a ball. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and then finish cooling on wire racks.
These aren't the only cookies on my mind today. I would love a plateful of these Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Cookies from Wine and Glue and these Gingerdoodle Cookies from Like Mother, Like Daughter. If you like cookies with peanut butter, I love these PB and Chocolate Chunk Pudding Cookies. And if you like cookies with caramel, I highly suggest these Brown Butter Salted Caramel Mocha Cookies. Also if your Pinterest game is strong, be sure to follow my C is for Cookie board where I pin cookie recipes almost daily!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram