I can't believe it's already the second week of December - this year has just flown by....so unbelievably fast. This year will be the first since I have been married that I won't be spending Christmas with my in laws and it's a bummer. Each year, my mom-in-law makes some of the most amazing snacks and treats ever! One of the snacks we look forward to is her chex mix. It's a savory sort and very delicious.
I've only made one type of chex mix myself and I've always wanted to make a sweet kind. I couldn't get this recipe out of my head. It was an easy first choice for a sweet chex mix.
Not only was this Cinnamon Roll Chex Mix just as good as I thought it was going to be - it was so addictive!! The batch was a good size and it kept very well.
What you need:
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 box rice or corn Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir well. Stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Place cereal in a large bowl and pour saucepan mixture over the top. Stir to coat.
- Spread out on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake at 250* for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate chips and drizzle over the top. Let cool until chocolate sets.
Recipe from Creations by Kara as seen on Chef in Training
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin