We have pizza about every other Friday and it's one of the few foods we have similar or the same recipes over and over again. Sometimes I will just make a regular old sausage and pepperoni pizza. We rarely have chicken pizza or pizzas without red sauce, but this one is one of the very best recipes for a red-sauceless, white meat pizza I've tried to date. It's very simple and comes together quickly. The only downside is that leftovers don't happen with it!
What you need:
- 1 recipe pizza dough [I used my favorite recipe and dusted the pizza pan with cornmeal]
- 1 jar prepared pesto or 1 cup homemade pesto
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper, cooked and diced/shredded
- Bacon bits
- Prepare pizza dough and stretch to fit pizza pan. Prebake for 8 to 10 minutes at 425*.
- Once prebaked, top with pesto, cheese, chicken, and bacon. I like to do a little cheese on top too to try and hold the other toppings down.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crust turns golden brown on the edges.
Recipe from Baked by Rachel
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram