I'm finally catching up to posting recipes from when I first moved back home to Tennessee. I made this salad last summer and now that we're coming up on summer again, it's the perfect time to share it. BBQ is definitely a summer flavor - not that you can't enjoy it in the other seasons, but it definitely makes me think of summer. This particular copycat recipe is quick to put together and doesn't sit heavy in your stomach (again, perfect for summer!).
What you need:
- Romaine lettuce
- 1 can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can of corn (drained)
- Red bell pepper, diced
- Grilled chicken seasoned with taco seasoning
- Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy BBQ sauce
- Ranch dressing (I omitted)
- Tortilla strips (chili lime if you can find them)
- Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Build your salad with lettuce, beans, corn, and red peppers.
- Cut chicken into strips and toss with bbq sauce to your liking.
- Top salad with chicken and then drizzle ranch and sprinkle on tortilla strips and cheese.
Recipe from Miss Information
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram