Today is my first day posting with the #SundaySupper movement. I have seen plenty of my Secret Recipe Club pals posting and tweeting about it and since having Mason, I have a teensy bit of free time that I wanted to devote to something new. I love the premise behind the #SundaySupper movement - it is such an important part of our family to sit around the dinner table together and eat, but on Sundays, we all go over to my mom-in-law's to eat dinner with all the family (who are in town).
This week's theme is Tropical Food and I decided to post this quick and easy recipe that I tried recently. After having Mason, my crockpot is my best friend. I can put him down long enough to get dinner in there and be good to go. He's a sweet baby, but he likes to cuddle and be held all the time. I sort of miss making dinner by myself without a baby in a wrap or a baby in my arms. Hopefully with time, he will get better about Momma making dinner :)
I absolutely loved this pulled pork. Our tenderloins were on sale at our local grocery store and I used my favorite bbq sauce in a new flavor: vidalia onion. With the liquid smoke and the pineapple, this pork was killer!
What you need:
- 3 to 5 lb. pork tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple
- Hamburger buns
- BBQ sauce [I used a vidalia onion flavor]
- Pineapple ring slices
- Colby jack cheese slices
- Sprinkle pork with pepper and place into your slow cooker.
- Top with crushed pineapple and liquid smoke.
- Cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Shred with two forks and mix in bbq sauce.
- Serve on buns topped with pineapple ring slices and cheese.
Recipe from Miss Information
Don't miss out on these other tropical recipes from the rest of the #SundaySupper Movement!
Tidbits and Pupus
- Chicken and Lemongrass Sugarcane Skewers by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Coconut crusted Tofu with Spicy Mango Cucumber Topping by Soni's Food
- Larp (Laos chicken salad) by Caroline's Cooking
- Midwest Style Loco Moco by Our Good Life
- Tropical Sunrise Fruit Salad with Coconut Chia Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Caribbean Black Beans with Rice by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cilantro Margarita by An Appealing Plan
- Coconut Mojito by Flour On My Face
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cocktail by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Lava Flow by Nosh My Way
- Bali Spicy Grilled Fish - Ikan Bakar Jimbaran by Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Hawaiian Pulled Pork by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Grilled Jerk Shrimp Roll with Tropical Fruit Slaw by Food Done Light
- Grilled Swordfish with Pineapple Salsa by Cooking Chat
- Kalua Pig by Palatable Pastime
- Mango Barbecued Pork Chops by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Mango Lime Fajitas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Pineapple Pork by Basic N Delicious
- Pineapple, Prosciutto and Arugula Pizza by Family Foodie
- Catibias o Cativias (Dominican Yucca Empanadas) by The Petit Gourmet
- Shrimp Salad with Avocado Ranch Dressing by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pork Tacos by Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Tropical Chicken Burgers by Momma's Meals
- Whole Roasted Bream with a Ginger-Tamarind Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Seven Layer Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Tropical Sunshine Cake by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Double Ginger Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Majarete Ice Cream by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Mini Mango Cheesecakes by The Freshman Cook
- Pineapple Blueberry Ooey Gooey Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pumpkin-Coconut Biscotti by What Smells So Good?
- Tropical Fruit Salad by The Redhead Baker
- Tropical Layered Poke Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Ube Panna Cotta by The Joyful Foodie
- Whole Wheat Mango Coconut Bars by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- The Best Wines to Pair with Tropical Food #SundaySupper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog