Spicy barbecue sauce serves as a base for this bacon and mango pizza deliciousness.
Did y'all know that October is National Pizza Month?! I didn't either until this week's Sunday Supper Movement event theme was announced. We are celebrating with our NATIONAL PIZZA MONTH event hosted by Coleen of The Redheaded Baker.
I chose to share this pizza that was probably my first recipe I've ever made with fresh mango. I personally love pineapple on pizza and I knew I would love mango on pizza too. I thought pairing mango with barbecue sauce and bacon was a genius idea. I saved it while looking for a recipe to make for a Secret Recipe Club assignment from one of my favorite bloggers, The Spiffy Cookie. Erin has another spicy fruit pizza on her blog that I love, so I knew this one would be a keeper. It was incredible. Everything worked together so well.
What you need:
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 mango, chopped
- Bacon, cooked and chopped
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Spicy BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet and Spicy)
- Roll out pizza dough and transfer to a pizza pan or stone. I coat my pan with cornmeal beforehand.
- Spread BBQ sauce on top of pizza dough.
- Then top with most of the bacon, mango, and onion. Reserving some for the top.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and then the remaining bacon, mango, and onion. Sprinkle with cilantro, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated-400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe from The Spiffy Cookie
Check out these other amazing pizza and pizza-inspired recipes!
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica's Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline's Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO's Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma's Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket's Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom's Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy's Cooking Obsession
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram