This perfect pairing of two classic desserts in bar form is unbelievably tasty!
I had these yummy bars on my list to make for weekends upon weekends and kept not making them. I do this a lot with breakfast and dessert recipes. I finally got around to making them and I, of course, kick myself for not making them sooner. They are pretty easy and don't take much effort at all. There's a ton of them and they are magical. The chocolate chip cookie portion is exactly what I like my chocolate chip cookies to taste like - chewy, chocolatey, and with a hint of salt. The cheesecake is all that is classic cheesecake flavor. The two together are literally heavenly.
Once again, I'm blown away by how a set of simple recipes combined into one make such an amazing dessert. Be sure to stop by the other recipes below that are part of the #Choctoberfest event. Because chocolate!! :)
What you need:
For the cookie layer:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Prepare a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- For the cookie dough: in a stand mixer, beat butter, shortening, and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda and mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Take half of the cookie dough and press it into the pan. Set aside the other half.
- For the cheesecake: in a stand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until fully mixed.
- Add sugar, egg, and vanilla and beat for 1 minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add cream cheese mixture to the top of the cookie dough layer in pan.
- By the teaspoon, add dollops of the remaining half of the cookie dough on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes until golden.
- Cool completely before serving and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Recipe from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram