Simple ingredients are put together in a casserole dish and baked in the oven to make really fantastic chicken fajitas. It's SO easy!!
I absolutely love recipes like this one where you throw all the ingredients together in a pan and bake it in the oven. There is no stirring involved and no standing over the stove actively monitoring the food as it cooks. It's just stick them in the oven and check to see when the chicken is cooked all the way through. I served ours over brown rice, but you could easily serve these like traditional fajitas in tortillas. It's awesome for those days you really don't feel like cooking. And even though the ingredients are simple, the flavors when cooked together are on point!!
What you need:
- 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 to 2 tsp. taco seasoning
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Brown rice, cooked --or-- tortillas for serving
- In a large 9x13-inch pan, place down strips of chicken in a single layer and sprinkle with taco seasoning.
- Top with peppers and onion evenly over the top. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Then top with cheese to your liking.
- Bake in a preheated-375 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through completely.
- Serve over rice or in a tortilla.
Recipe from The Pinning Mama
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram