These mini Pizookies are topped with ice cream, hot fudge, and a homemade buttermilk caramel sauce
I love the classic desserts like chocolate chip cookies hot from the oven. I also love a little spin on a classic dessert, like these sundae cups. Some people call these pizookies - because they are like a little cookie pizza. I used my absolute favorite cookie recipe - the one on the Nestle Tollhouse morsels bag - and made the homemade buttermilk caramel sauce that was in the Our Best Bites cookbook (where I found the sundae recipe!). It's so good and so simple. You could definitely use premade cookie dough and even switch up what kind of cookie dough you use and ice cream you top it with. The possibilities are endless!
What you need:
For the cookie dough:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Vanilla ice cream
- Hot fudge sauce
- For the cookie dough: beat together butter, sugars and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually, mix in flour, baking soda, and salt. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Fill ramekins 1/2 full of cookie dough. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown around the edges but soft in the middle.
- While cookie dough bakes, make caramel sauce by combining all but vanilla in a medium-size saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Cook for about 7 to 9 minutes, stirring often until it is a rich golden brown. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Cool for about 5 minutes.
- Top with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, and hot fudge sauce.
Recipe from Nestle Tollhouse [cookies] and Our Best Bites cookbook [sundae cups and caramel sauce]
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram