This 5-ingredient chicken is made in one dish with little effort and comes out tasting bangin'!
**NEW PIC TO COME**
I love regular barbecued chicken, but was really excited to find a recipe that amps up plain barbecued chicken...especially if it has cheddar cheese and bacon. It's a relatively simple recipe to put together and only uses one pan. Less mess to clean up later, am I right? The bite of the green onions really offsets the salty and sweet combination of the cheese and bacon with the BBQ sauce. So don't skip out on those.
What you need:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, plus some
- 8 bacon strips, cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Place chicken in a baking dish and cover with BBQ sauce.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and add more BBQ sauce.
- Add bacon on top of chicken, then add cheese.
- Return to oven until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with green onions.