This recipe is a fun new way to serve up tacos and is perfect for a party or get-together.
This Taco Ring recipe is from Pampered Chef, although I think I may have found it on Food. It was extremely good! You can put a green bell pepper in the middle of the ring and fill it with salsa. Or you can put the lettuce and all toppings in the middle. Or you can do like we did and put it on a plate then add toppings to the individual portions. It looks a lot more complicated than it really is. Since updating the pictures, I decided to keep the old pictures that showed how to make the ring even though they aren't the best quality.
Picture update 12/13/2013
What you need:
- 3/4 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 (8 oz.) pkg. refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 medium bell peppers
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato (I prefer roma)
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives (I didn't use)
- Sour cream
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain.
- Remove from heat and add taco seasoning, water and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Spray a pizza pan or cookie sheet. Unroll the crescent rolls into triangles and arrange in a circle with wide ends in the middle overlapping and points on the outside. You want a 5-inch diameter in the middle.
- Scoop meat on the widest part of the triangles.
- Fold the points over and tuck under the wide end of the triangle. Filling will not be covered completely. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. You can also put a green bell pepper in the middle of the ring and fill it with salsa. Or you can put the lettuce and all toppings in the middle. Or you can do like we did and put it on a plate and then add toppings.