What you need:
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, quartered and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 to 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 pkg. broccoli
- Shredded cheese to taste
- Green onions for garnish
- Brown bacon in large stockpot.
- Remove bacon and add onion, celery, and carrots. Saute until soft.
- Add bacon back to pot. Add cream and stock. Add potatoes. Add broccoli.
- Bring to a rapid boil for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to slow cooker and cook on high for a few hours or on low all day.
- 15 minutes before serving, add cheese.
Recipe Courtesy: Kristi @ http://bowlofcherrys.blogspot.com/This one goes along with the bread bowls recipes - again, Kristi has some GREAT recipes on her blog.