What you need:
- 1 can (12 oz.) light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1 box (7 oz.) Creamette ring macaroni (you can use any pasta you prefer, but we always used rings)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup yellow sweet onions, finely diced
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup Miracle Whip (or more if needed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni according to package so it will be "al dente".
- Add frozen peas to macaroni in last minute of cooking.
- In a large bowl, mix Miracle Whip, celery, and onions.
- Drain macaroni and peas and add to Miracle Whip mixture. Make sure all the macaroni is covered with mayo, if you need to, add more by the tablespoon.
- Flake tuna into the macaroni mixture and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Place in refrigerator until serving. It is especially great if you let the flavors soak overnight and it's always nice to have an easy fix-ahead side dish for the holidays. If the macaroni looks dry after sitting in the refrigerator, add mayo.
Recipe Courtesy: My mom, Kathy Westmoreland