I have had this on my list of recipes to make for so long. I've put it off and put it off thinking it would just be an "eh, this is okay" recipe, one to make in a bind. However, I'm kicking myself for judging a recipe by its name. This is fancy BLT in pasta form...that's what this is. It's unbelievable. That balsamic vinegar adds another layer of oomph to the overall flavor of the dish. I really loved the fact that it had spinach in it, too.
What you need:
- 12 oz. short pasta (I went with mini farfelles)
- 1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat EVOO over medium heat. Add balsamic vinegar and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and spinach. Toss and cook for 1 minute.
- Toss all ingredients together and salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from One Crazy Cookie