The first time I had the Nachos Bell Grande from Taco Bell was when I was in middle school. I remember fondly playing Pokemon Yellow on a Gameboy Color sitting on my carport just chowing away. Every single time I eat the Nachos Bell Grande, I want to sit and play Pokemon for hours.
Making a copycat recipe for these seemed super easy to do and you can't go wrong with some delicious loaded nachos...ever! My kids thought they were great and loved hearing about how I played Pokemon as a kid too. I can't wait until I get an oven with an actual broiler, so I can do these again with the nachos getting a little soft in the middle - because that would make them perfect.
What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Taco Bell taco seasoning mix
- Refried beans, heated
- Nacho cheese (I used salsa con queso)
- 1 to 2 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- Sour cream
- Green onions, chopped
- Tortilla chips
- Cook ground beef until brown, crumbling as you go. Add taco seasoning and water (as called for on packet) and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat refried beans and nacho cheese. Chop tomatoes and green onions.
- On a platter, lay out some tortilla chips. Top with ground beef, beans, and nacho cheese.
- If you have a broiler, you can broil for a few minutes to heat up the platter of deliciousness. After broiling (or if you don't have a broiler), top with tomatoes, sour cream, and green onions. Serve immediately.
Original Fantastical Recipe