I've actually made this recipe twice in the last few months because I knew I wanted to blog it, but the first time I had completely forgotten to get a picture. I'm sure making it twice in a few month's span sounds like I must not have liked this one, but it's actually the opposite. Nick has taken to telling people how many recipes I actually make and how something he really really loved he may get again in a few years, but it's actually pretty accurate. This is what happens when your wife hoards recipes.
Anyways...I ended up modifying the preparation of this one because I didn't feel like cooking everything and then putting it in the oven. So this went from about an hour to maybe 30 minutes preparing/cooking. It's simple, but it's delicious. Sometimes you really don't need a bunch of fancy ingredients to make a family favorite meal!
What you need:
- 2 1/2 cups medium shells
- Fresh broccoli
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, plus some
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- Cook shells and broccoli together in boiling salted water.
- Drain and mix in chicken, alfredo, cheddar, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Serve with more cheddar cheese, if desired.