When your day has been rough, this one pot skillet meal with all the flavors of a bacon cheeseburger is ready in under 30 minutes.
One pots have become my lifeline lately and usually they are pasta-based, so I was excited to test out this recipe that has gnocchi and tastes like a burger! I mean who doesn't like bacon cheeseburgers and it's certainly nice to try a dish that has most of the elements of bacon cheeseburgers. This one pot meal is also ready in under 30 minutes. Winner winner, cheeseburger skillet dinner!
This week has been so confusing for me. On Monday, I thought it was Thursday and was convinced on Tuesday it was actually Wednesday. Needless to say, it's been a long week! On weeks like this, I just want simple meals. I love cooking -- don't get me wrong, but when I'm exhausted mentally and physically, I like to throw something together with little effort and be done with it. So I'm glad to have recipes like this in my archives to be able to whip together on hard days/weeks.
What you need:
- 1 1/4 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 16 oz. potato gnocchi
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- Chopped pickles, ketchup, and mustard, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef over medium heat.
- Then add onions and cook until translucent. Drain, if needed.
- Add half of the bacon to the skillet with gnocchi, ketchup, water, and heavy cream. Stir and let cook for about 6 to 8 minutes until thickened and gnocchi is tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under a broiler for 2 to 3 minutes until cheese melts and begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven and garnish with green onion, tomato, and remaining bacon. Plus optional garnishes if you like.
Recipe from Cheese Curd in Paradise
While it is not under 30 minutes, this Cheesy Baked Gnocchi is also a wonderful delicious gnocchi recipe. For more bacon cheeseburger goodness, check out this Bacon Cheeseburger Tatortot Casserole from Plain Chicken.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram