A perfectly simple spring dish that can be enjoyed all year round - and in a flash, ready in under 30 minutes.
Hello, spring! Hello, seasonal allergies! LOL
I am back with a simple, wonderful one pot skillet dish. This one features some very spring ingredients. I dig any type of recipe that is made in one pot or skillet or pan and especially if that one dish recipe is made in under 30 minutes with very little prep. This recipe you only have to chop the onions and that's the only prep there is. Every other ingredient is already prepped and you just have to measure and dump it in. So that's a winner winner ham dinner in my book.
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 cups diced ham
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 16 oz. penne noodles
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add ham and onions and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, parsley, basil, oregano, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, milk, flour, and penne pasta. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add peas. Cook for five minutes or until pasta is cooked to desired doneness and peas are warm.
- Serve pasta topped with Parmesan cheese.
Another great one pot ham and peas dish ready in under 30 minutes is this Ham & Cheese Gnocchi Skillet. And while it isn't ham and peas and it's not a main dish, this Asparagus Ham Strada from Simply Recipes
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram