I don't need chili cheese fries, I need these Carne Asada Fries in my life!
For this recipe, I purchased carne asada style beef and a packet of carne asada seasoning to make my own carne asada. I wanted my cheese to be super melty, so I stuck the fries back in the oven so it'd be all melty and delicious. Then I topped it with the carne asada and cilantro. I am the only one in my family who eats guacamole, so I left that off of everyone else's. I do want to say Nick ate his topped with banana peppers though.
What you need:
- French fries
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded queso quesadilla cheese
- Prepared, cooked carne asada
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sour cream
- Cook fries in desired method (baked or fried). I prefer to bake them on a sheet pan for this recipe.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake or broil until cheese melts. Remove and top with carne asada and cilantro.
- Serve topped with guacamole and sour cream, if desired.
Another customizable Taco Tuesday meal that I love to make is Ree's Burrito Bowls. I highly recommend these Carne Asada Taco Melts from Real Food by Dad. I have made them once before and loved them.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram