Fabulous and easy, this Italian Sausage Gnocchi Skillet is made in one skillet in under 30 minutes!
Hello and happy Friday! I have a wonderful one skillet meal to share with y'all today. Bonus: it's ready in under 30 minutes. These are my favorite kind of recipes! The sausage and red bells go perfectly with the gnocchi. There is a hint of lemon and parsley to tie the whole meal together. I personally love that the gnocchi gets a little browned to get a nice crunch.
What you need:
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- Sea salt
- 16 oz. potato gnocchi
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 lemon
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add sausage and crumble as it browns.
- About midway through cooking sausage, add red pepper strips and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Cook until sausage has browned and peppers are soft, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil to same skillet and add gnocchi. Toss to coat in oil and fry for a few minutes until browned.
- Add sausage and peppers back into skillet. Then add bay leaf and 1 cup chicken broth. Stir and scrape bottom of the pan to get any of the bits of goodness that have collected there.
- Stir until mixture thickens. If it gets too thick, add reserved 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the zest of 1 lemon and a handful of chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Another recent and amazing one pot recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes is this Bacon Cheeseburger Gnocchi Skillet. Another quick one pot recipe with gnocchi that I am dying to try is this Creamy Chicken Bacon Pesto Gnocchi Skillet from Cheese Curd in Paradise.
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram