Don't underestimate this recipe -- it's incredibly flavorful yet simple to make!
I love when I make something that doesn't look altogether too impressive, but turns out to be so friggin' delicious that it blows my mind. This pasta recipe is one of those recipes. I adore pasta recipe with tomatoes and spinach. The only thing that makes pasta better, in my opinion, is pesto. Because I have been on the pesto train lately. Also, that is a thing...a pesto train.
This recipe didn't need pesto by any means. The paprika and Italian seasoning worked very well for minimal seasoning but maximum flavor (that was dorky, sorry). We have tomato and spinach and BACON. It's such a flavorful dish.
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 5 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/3 cups half and half
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 10 oz. penne pasta
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and sprinkle tops of chicken with paprika and Italian seasoning.
- Flip when bottom has browned and cook until browned on other side and chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan, slice into strips, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water according to directions on package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In the same skillet, add tomatoes, spinach, garlic, crushed red pepper, 1/3 of the cooked chicken, and half the cooked bacon. Stir to mix.
- Add half and half and bring to a boil. Then add 1 1/3 cups shredded Parmesan and reduce heat immediately to low. Simmer and stir for about 1 to 2 minutes until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat immediately and season with crushed red pepper and salt.
- Add cooked pasta to the skillet. Add the other half of the bacon and stir into skillet.
- Serve the pasta topped with chicken and Parmesan cheese.
Chicken and bacon pasta is not unusual in my household. We love this One Pot Chicken Alfredo that also features bacon. This Chicken and Spinach Skillet Pasta from the eHow food blog is very close to this recipe, but just slightly different enough for me to want to try it out!
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram