Update 2/2/13: One of my all-time favorite recipes that is my own. I crave this all the time! Recently we tried this good ole favorite with homemade cream of celery soup, so I got a couple new pictures. It was incredible with homemade. I also used sharp cheddar, which I highly recommend.
What you need:
- 1 to 2 cans of tuna, in water
- 1 can cream of celery soup (has to be celery - trust me, I picked up chicken on accident)
- Medium shells (about 2/3 a 1 lb. box)
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Peas (optional, I omit it most of the time because my kids and husband don't really like peas)
|Boil some water and cook pasta according to directions.|
|Drain tuna in can OR in colander.|
|If you do drain it in the colander, sometimes it helps to squish it with your hand.|
|Drain pasta (tuna can stay put, not a biggie).|
|Put pasta and tuna into saucepan, add soup and mix well.|
|Add cup of cheese and mix well.|
|If your family likes peas, mix peas in after cheese. If not, serve on the side :)|
Again, important parts to this meal - CREAM OF CELERY SOUP and SHELL PASTA! I will never go back to elbow macaroni or egg noodles. I also highly recommend Rhodes dinner rolls. They are frozen, near the frozen garlic bread in the grocery store.