I am happy to announce that no Samoas were harmed in the making of these blondie bars. I did realize that one major part of the Samoa is missing in these: the caramel. Next time I make them, I'm going to experiment with adding in some caramel somewhere. I know the butter + brown sugar kind of imitates it, but it's not the same. They were still fantastic little bars!
What you need:
- 10 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 cup coconut
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Brown butter in a saucepan. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Mix butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, and salt.
- Slowly stir in flour, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8" square pan and smooth evenly.
- Bake at 350* for 25 to 27 minutes.
Recipe from Baking & Creating with Avril