This month, my assignment is one of the newer Group D members: Becca from Lovely in Pink. She has a ton of great recipes on her blog - I narrowed my search down to two: Southwest Chopped Chicken Salad and Blackberry Cobbler. I've been really craving chicken salad and cobbler lately, so I was really glad to see Becca had recipes for each of them on her blog.
I haven't made the SW Chopped Chicken Salad yet, but I will be asap. The cobbler was made for our Sunday dinner a few weeks ago. I decided to make that a thing now...dessert on Sundays! This cobbler was everything and more that I could have wanted. It tastes just like my gramma's cobbler and she passed before I could get the recipe. Definitely brought me back!
What you need:
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups blackberries
- Mix 1 cup sugar with flour in a bowl.
- Add in milk and stir until combined, then add butter.
- Pour batter into a greased 9" square baking dish.
- Top with berries and remaining 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes to 1 hour - keep an eye on it!
Recipe from Lovely in Pink