This month's cookbook is Jenny's The Picky Palate Cookbook - we had the choice between Peanut Butter & Jelly Baby Lattice Pies, Shrimp Mango Quesadillas, and Weeknight Shredded Chicken Taquitos. My kids don't really eat PB&J and I didn't think to use chicken instead of shrimp for the quesadillas, so I went with the taquitos.
I loved how the filling's ingredients paired together - especially with the tomatoes/chillies. The tortillas got nice and crunchy in the oven! Can't wait to make these again :)
Weeknight Shredded Chicken Taquitos from pg. 84
What you need:
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chillies
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium pot, heat EVOO and add onion and red bell pepper; saute for 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute 30 more seconds.
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes, cilantro, and seasonings. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Top each tortillas with 1/3 cup filling and top with a few tablespoons of cheese. Place seam-side down in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 400* for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Picky Palate