Ending Pasta Week with a super frugal and tasty pasta dish - called Taco Ramen. This recipe comes from Mika's Pantry. I was unable to find Dorito corn chips, so I used Fritos...and due to trying to rush dinner out the door and getting over to my husband who was about to start a 12-hour night shift, I also forgot the salsa verde...which is one of my new favorite things. It was still really yummy, but I gotta make this again soon with all the right ingredients.
What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Taco seasoning mix
- 4 pkg. Ramen noodles (toss the seasoning packets)
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- Dorito corn chips
- Sour cream, if desired
- Brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Add taco seasoning mix and 1 cup water; simmer for 5 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Cook ramen noodles according to package directions (add to boiling water, cook 3 minutes). Drain and add to ground beef.
- Add salsa. Top with cheese.
- Serve over chips and top with sour cream, if desired.
Recipe from Mika's Pantry