This month was a month that I had been looking forward to a while - taking on the mom/daughter duo, K&K Test Kitchen. First off, the blog itself is just the cutest. It's probably my favorite design ever. Secondly, there are so many recipes that I was trying to choose from because everything looks incredible. I narrowed it down to six: Double Chocolate Kale Muffins, Peanut Butter Granola, Huevos Rancheros, Buttermilk Biscuits, Kahlua Cake, and Seven Layer Dip.
As you can see, I went with the Kahlua Cake. When I chose it, it wasn't necessarily the one I personally wanted to try the most - I had a cake auction coming up that I had volunteered to make a cake for. I thought that this would be the most appealing cake, without a doubt. I made a trial cake for myself, after reading Kim's post about how this cake freezes well. I loved it. Let's just say that it never got put in the freezer...it did not survive. Thank you, Kelsey & Kim, for this amazing recipe :) I can't wait to try the others!
What you need:
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Kahlua liqueur
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh raspberries
- Mix all ingredients except powdered sugar and raspberries.
- Pour batter into a greased bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Mine were done around 55 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, as light or heavy as you wish, and serve with raspberries.
Recipe from K&K Test Kitchen