For my little man's 6th birthday, he picked out a Rolo Cake. I showed him the cupcakes I had on my cupcake board and asked him which ones he wanted me to bring to his Kindergarten class and he went with the matching Rolo Cupcakes.
The cake recipe reminds me of the Best Chocolate Cake Ever - which is the best chocolate cake ever. Plus it has a Rolo baked INTO the cupcake and a decadent, rich caramel buttercream frosting.
What you need:
For the cupcakes:
- 1 box Devil's food cake
- 1 (5.9 oz.) box chocolate pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 24 frozen Rolos (frozen for 2 hours)
- 4 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup caramel syrup, plus some
- 1 1/2 lb. powdered sugar
- Rolos for garnish
- For the cupcakes: mix all ingredients except the Rolos.
- Divide into 24 cupcake tins. Place a frozen Rolo into each "cupcake"
- Bake at 350* for 18 to 22 minutes. Let cool.
- For the frosting: Cream butter. Add vanilla, salt, and syrup.
- Then add powdered sugar. Add more syrup until you reach desired amount of caramel for taste.
- Frost cupcakes. Top with a Rolo and drizzle caramel syrup on top, if desired.
Recipe from My Baking Addiction