Once upon a time, I avoided pancakes. Most of the time was sans griddle. My first one worked for a month and then abruptly quit. If I don't make pancakes in a griddle, I mess them up. All sorts of messed up. I'm not even sure why. My pans are nonstick and I know how to make pancakes. Now that I have a working griddle (that hasn't died on me - I swear I'm just not good with kitchen appliances), I've been exploring many variations of pancakes.
These cherry cheesecake pancakes are extremely decadent. If you're looking for a good breakfast, these fluffy pancakes with pieces of real cheesecake inside topped with a cream cheese frosting & more than one cherry on top - are IT!
What you need:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cup chopped frozen cheesecake*
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, at room temp
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temp
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling, warmed
- Combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Place in refrigerator until ready to warm up for serving.
- Pulse pancake ingredients (except cheesecake bits) in a blender or food processor. Stir in cheesecake bits.
- Cook 1/4 cup batter at a time in a skillet or on a griddle.
- Warm both the cream cheese mixture and the cherry pie filling (separately).
- Top pancakes with cream cheese and then cherries. Serve right away!
Recipe from Real Housemoms
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin