I've never actually been to an Outback Steakhouse restaurant, so I cannot tell you how accurate this recipe is to the one served there. What I can tell you is that I loved it. The sundried tomato alfredo was especially delicious. I think the only thing that bummed me out is that I couldn't find proscuitto when I went to make this recipe - I am really new to proscuitto and adore it!
What you need:
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 onion, cut in half moons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup proscuitto, torn into pieces (I wasn't able to find any when I made it)
- 1 pkg. julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (I omitted)
- 16 oz. penne
- Crushed red pepper
- 16 oz. sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce
- Italian cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook chicken in olive oil until almost done. Add onion and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add proscuitto and sundried tomatoes until heated through. Add oregano, thyme, and crushed red pepper to your liking. I added about 1 tsp. oregano, 1/2 tsp. thyme, and 1/4 tsp. red pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted water; drain.
- Add chicken mixture to pasta with alfredo sauce. Heat through.
- Add cheese and stir until melted. Serve with more if desired.