I have been wanting to try variations of the stuffed shells for a long while. I thought I would try my hand at enchilada stuffed shells first because I love enchiladas, but I hate leftover enchiladas. The soggy tortillas...blehhhh!
I'm also really particular with enchilada sauce - red sauce - ew, green sauce - YUMMY! So I used green enchilada sauce for this recipe. I loved all the different flavors and it was a great excuse to buy a bag of Doritos :)
What you need:
- 1 pkg jumbo shells
- 1 each green bell and red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can diced green chillies
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 (28 oz.) can enchilada sauce (I used green)
- Cheddar cheese
- Doritos, crushed
- Cook shells according to directions and drain.
- Cook peppers and onion until softened. Add chillies, chicken, beans, taco seasoning and 3/4 a cup of enchilada sauce. Heat through.
- In a 9x13-inch pan, pour 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce on the bottom.
- Fill shells with filling and place in pan. Drizzle desired amount of sauce on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350*. Remove from oven, sprinkle with Doritos, and serve.
Recipe from Debbi Does Dinner
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin