I had a ton of cookie recipes saved up and ready to go on the blog, so I decided to do a second cookie week. It's actually been a few months since my last theme week - such a great way to bring it back. There are a ton of great cookies coming up this week, so be prepared :)
The first recipe up is inspired by my newest obsession with sea salt and chocolate together. I took Hayley's recipe and just slightly tweaked it.
These cookies are made with devil's food cake mix and contain not one, not two, but THREE different kinds of chocolate. They are chewy, soft, rich, and addictive. They are probably my all-time favorite cookie. The sea salt is also the perfect touch to offset the sweet chocolate.
What you need:
- 1 box Devil's food cake [recommended: Betty Crocker; I can't remember what I used]
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 bar Ghirardelli Sea Salt Soiree chocolate bar, chopped
- Additional sea salt, if desired
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Drop on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet by the tablespoon. Sprinkle with additional sea salt, if desired.
- Bake at 350* for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Let rest 5 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to wire rack.
Recipe slightly adapted from The Domestic Rebel