If you say Italian, I'm sold. If you tell me veggies and meat in scrambled eggs, I'm done for! This is the perfect way to jazz up plain scrambled eggs. I had only had Proscuitto one time prior to having this breakfast dish - but it's very delicious and I love channeling my inner Giada and pronouncing very Italian-like when I'm buying/cooking with it :) AND this scramble has my favorite veggie, zucchini, in it. So it's like all the best things in one recipe and it makes me want to actually eat breakfast.
What you need:
- 1 pkg. pancetta, diced --or-- 1 pkg Proscuitto, torn into smaller pieces
- 1/4 cup ham, diced
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Basil leaves, chopped
- 5 to 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper
- Italian cheese
- In a skillet, heat a little oil over medium to medium-high heat. Add pancetta, ham, and onion and cook until onions are softened and meat is a little crispy.
- Add zucchini and cook for a few minutes.
- Beat eggs with half and half. Pour eggs into skillet and stir until cooked.
- Add tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and add cheese, to your liking.
Recipe adapted from My Life As Robin's Wife