I have never thought to use King's Hawaiian bread for French toast and when I saw the recipe on Tina's blog, I about died. I used to work at Kroger as a teenager and when I got my break, I'd go for either the snack slices of cheese or the mini pack of King's Hawaiian rolls. They are so soft and devilishly delicious. Really, they are the perfect bread for French toast and this French toast is probably the best I've ever had.
What you need:
- 1 loaf of Kings Hawaiian round bread
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- Powdered sugar and syrup for serving
- Beat together eggs, milk, vanilla, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan or griddle to about 350*. Slice your bread in 1 1/2 to 2-inch thick slices.
- Dip slices of bread into egg mixture and cook until browned on each side.
- Top with syrup and powdered sugar for serving.
Recipe from Mommy's Kitchen