I think this is the last pumpkin recipe I have to share for the season. I personally cannot get enough pumpkin. I try to have it all year round, so I don't binge once October hits. These pancakes are perfectly fluffy and every bit as good as they sound and look! I've never had a stack of IHOP's pumpkin pancakes due to the fact that the closest IHOP is over an hour away. Let's face it, for someone who hates mornings, I'm not driving an hour to get breakfast I can make at home!
What you need:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 3 Tbsp. pumpkin
- Mix together sugar, salt, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Stir in eggs, buttermilk, butter, and pumpkin.
- Put 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter on a preheated griddle until it bubbles, flip, and cook until golden.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup.
I just had to share my curious cat, Muffin, who is always around any time I need to take a picture. I'm going to have to start breaking out my lightbox with most of daylight being gone now. But even still, she loves to poke her nose around the food and see what's going on :)
Recipe from Life in a Cookie Jar
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin