It's time for another themed week here on the blog! Grilled cheese sandwiches are extremely versatile and they are perfect with soup for the cooler fall and cold winter weather. I also have a favor to ask anyone browsing on a mobile device - since I can't get the pin it button to work at the top of the page, I installed a social media share set on the footer of each post. If any of you mobile users can pin using that, could you leave me a comment if it's successful? I would greatly appreciate it!
A few short months ago, I fell in love.
I fell in love with pesto.. And it has been an amazing whirlwind of happiness for these few months we've been together. Then I found out about pesto, mozzarella, and tomato together...and I can't say that I'm disappointed in the least with this trio. This grilled cheese sandwich is probably my favorite of all-time. Fresh mozzarella is incredible on grilled cheese because you get such a great ratio of gooey cheese. Basil and tomato are just icing on the cake, so to speak :)
What you need:
- 8 slices of good quality bread
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- Basil pesto
- Ground pepper
- Build sandwiches by spreading pesto on each piece of bread. Top 4 pieces of bread with mozzarella, tomatoes, and pepper. Top with 4 other slices of bread.
- Heat EVOO in skillet. Add sandwiches and place a second skillet on top to add weight.
- Brown each side of the sandwiches and serve immediately.