I couldn't wait to make this one again and get a better picture, I just had to share this one now! The cream cheese takes on an alfredo-like flavor without being too heavy. I'm quickly becoming a fan of cherry tomatoes with any pasta dish - whether it's alfredo-based, tomato-based, or just a light butter or oil coating. I love the little burst of juiciness!
...and can we get to the best part of the whole dish - BACON-WRAPPED CHICKEN!! Sorry, not sorry, for the caps lock, but bacon-wrapped chicken deserves it. All together, the different components make for a delicious and filling meal.
What you need:
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 chicken breasts, halved (to make into 4 thin breasts)
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 4 oz. Chive & Onion cream cheese
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of bacon. Bake at 375* to 400* until done.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in saucepan.
- While pasta is cooking, simmer together cream cheese and broth until cream cheese is melted and mixture thickens.
- Add tomatoes and onions into cream cheese mixture. Cook for 2 minutes.
- After draining pasta, place back in same pan. Add sauce.
- Serve pasta topped with chicken.