Like I mentioned in the last cake recipe post, the kids and I have celebrated each month down in the deployment with a cake - kind of like a birthday cake, but better :)
I showed them my cake and cupcake boards on Pinterest and let them choose every picture that they thought looked good. I had 40+ tabs open and had them pick their favorite out between 2 or 3 until we were left with 9 cakes/cupcakes. This is one that Matthew was particularly adamant that I make at some point. Nikki's (of Chef in Training) delicious Oreo dessert was a winner. Next time I make it, I'm going to try a Devil's Food Cake mix because I prefer it over German chocolate.
What you need:
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients on box)
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (16 oz.) hot fudge
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
- 15 Oreos, crushed
- Make cake according to directions on box. Bake cake in a 9 by 13-inch pan. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Poke holes in top of cake and pour milk over top.
- Heat hot fudge and pour over top. Let cool completely.
- After the cake has cooled, top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
- Store any leftover cake in refrigerator.