It's time for yet another Secret Recipe Club reveal day. For those of you wondering, Secret Recipe Club is a group of a couple hundred food bloggers separated into 4 groups. Each month, each blogger gets assigned to a different blog in the group secretly and they make a recipe or two for reveal day. Each group posts on a different Monday - today is Group D's day to reveal what blogs we had and what we made.
This month, I was assigned Emily from Life on Food - luckily enough I happen to save recipes from fellow Group D members' blogs and had Emily's Elvis Pancakes on the menu the week assignments went out, so there was no contest! But just for the heck of it, Emily also has some other amazing recipes I've saved from her blog too: Blueberry Banana Bread, Danish, and Maple Pecan Granola. Clearly, I was on a breakfast kick when I looked through Emily's blog :)
We have brinner every once in a while, so we actually had these for dinner and they were great! Fluffy pancakes, salty crunchy bacon, smooth peanut butter, and sweet bananas - I mean what else could you ask for?!
What you need:
- Pancake mix (I used this one)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 banana, chopped
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked & chopped
- Peanut butter
- Mix together pancake mix according to directions.
- Fold in chocolate chips, half the bacon, and most of the chopped banana.
- Place 1/3 cup batter on heated griddle. When it bubbles, flip the pancake and brown on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with peanut butter on the top of each pancake and bacon and banana over the top.
Recipe adapted from Life on Food
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin