In September, I posted a recipe using leftovers for a Meximelt copycat. I finally am posting the Meximelt recipe that gave me the means to make a delicious pasta dish.
I'm not sure why I don't eat tacos with pico de gallo more often. It's way better than just a couple tomatoes thrown on there or some mushy salsa from a jar. It's fresh and zesty! I'm not sure if Taco Bell sells these anymore, but I guarantee homemade is better :)
What you need:
- 1 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 Taco Bell taco seasoning packet
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, diced
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- Mexican style cheese
- Hot sauce
- Cook turkey in EVOO until browned; drain if necessary. Mix in taco seasoning packet plus water, as called for on packet.
- In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, jalapeno, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
- Serve seasoned turkey in a tortilla, topped with prepared pico de gallo, cheese, and hot sauce, if desired.