This creamy soup is wonderful, creamy, and the perfect meal to sit down and enjoy on a cold winter day.
I have shared a few cheeseburger "themed" soups lately, but this one is my favorite of the lot. I have been digging creamier soups and this one is so smooth! I love that it still has traditional soup goodies like carrot, onion, and celery. Plus it also has potatoes and ground beef....and CHEESE. It's like a whole cheeseburger meal in a soup.
What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, finely diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 4 Tbsp. salted butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and diced russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Brown and crumble ground beef in a stock pot. Drain and set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp. butter to same pot, then add onion, carrot, parsley, basil, and celery. Saute until tender.
- Add broth, potatoes, and cooked ground beef. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- In a small skillet, melt 3 Tbsp. butter and add flour. Cook while stirring for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add flour mixture to soup, increase heat, and bring to a boil.
- Stir while it cooks for another 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add cheese, milk, salt, and pepper and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and blend sour cream in.
Recipe from The Recipe Critic
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram