Five ingredients thrown together and baked 1 1/2 hours for an easy, delicious dinner
One dish meals are wonderful. They are a gift. They are a saving grace when I have either a busy, busy day or if I have had a bad day and discover that a one dish meal is on the menu for the night. It's so simple to just throw everything in the pan and stick it in the oven and forget it until it is done. I love that this is such a hearty meal and it's only five ingredients. It could not be an easier of a dish if it tried.
What you need:
- 2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1 bag (28 oz.) new potatoes
- 1 bag (16 oz.) baby carrots
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Lightly grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Arrange chicken breasts in dish and arrange potatoes and carrots around it.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing mix over the top then pour melted butter over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are fork tender.
Recipe from Mom's Test Kitchen as seen on The Melrose Family
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram