Ah, the day I look forward to the most of the Countdown: Best Dessert! I have the biggest sweet tooth and have entirely too many dessert recipes saved/stashed/hoarded. And that certainly will never stop me from saving more. I can't wait to see what my friends share today.
It's definitely hard for me to pick my favorite desserts because I love dessert entirely too much. I think at least half the recipes on my pin boards (if not more) are dessert. I keep pinning desserts and I don't know if I will ever have enough days to make them all. Here are the recipes that made my list this year:
- Cappuccino Dark Chocolate Cupcakes - These gorgeous cupcakes were for my mom-in-law's birthday. They were so rich and then topped with lovely mousse-like frosting.
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - I love carrot cakes with coconut and pineapple, but I also love when it's just carrots as the star!
- Peach Dumplings - Probably the most unhealthy dessert on the list, but I can't imagine anything that could taste better than it. You can use different fruits for it too.
- Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake - I have made this 3 different times. It's the moistest cake and the topping is heaven. HEAVEN.
- Sour Patch Kid Cake - I made this for Nick for his birthday because he loves Sour Patch Kids. It's a lovely lightly flavored lemon cake that works so well with it.
- Biscoff Cookie Dough Ice Cream - I combined a couple recipes to make this one. The base is creamy and delicious and the Biscoff cookie dough bites are amazing.
- Raspberry Lemonade Cheesecake Parfaits - Our 4th of July dessert from 2015...I am really honestly loving lemon desserts lately.
- Pumpkin Cake Cheesecake - Literally one of the best combinations of foods ever. OMG.
- Hot Cocoa Poke Cake - I adore this poke cake because it's chocolately and chocolate. So much chocolate.
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Buttercream and Candied Bacon - Matthew requested chocolate cupcakes with caramel and bacon...so that happened LOL
- Pumpkin Cake Roll - My very first cake roll and it was really successful and gorgeous and tasted incredible!!
- Gingerbread Cookie Bars - These are so classic tasting and wonderful for the holidays. I wish I would have made them again this year!
In case you missed it...
THE REST OF THE COUNTDOWN
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram