Pineapple isn't just for pizza -- it's pure heaven on this burger with a little teriyaki sauce to compliment it!
It is definitely an odd time to share such a summer-y dish, but stay with me on this one. We eat burgers year round even if we can't grill out and I seriously love these burgers. Even in the dead of winter, they make me feel warm inside like it's really not cold outside. I especially love the teriyaki sauce and provolone on the burgers AND the toasted onion rolls. Oh my gosh. The toasted onion rolls are everything. There is also a special sauce made with teriyaki sauce as well.
What you need:
For the special sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Pineapple rings (fresh or canned)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 1/2 lbs. 80/20 ground beef
- Salt and pepper
- Teriyaki sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 onion rolls
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- Lettuce (if desired)
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Grill pineapple and bell peppers --or-- brown them in a hot skillet.
- Form ground beef into 4 patties and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on the grill --or-- in a cast iron skillet (or regular skillet) flipping only one time.
- After flipping, add a bit of teriyaki sauce on each patty. Then place a piece of Provolone cheese on each so it can melt while the burger finishes cooking.
- Toast onion rolls in the butter over medium heat.
- Slather a little of the prepared sauce on the top and bottom of each set of buns.
- Place patties on bottom buns, top with two slices of pineapple, then some red onion, bell pepper, and lettuce. Place the top bun on the very top and serve!
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram