These festive little "blossom" cookies are perfect for the winter season!
My mom makes peanut butter blossom cookies pretty much every year for Christmas and I love them. I love finding similar recipes to my favorite classics. I always buy the candy cane kisses because they are so good to put in hot coffee or hot cocoa. Seriously delicious - if you haven't tried it, you have to! So I already knew these little kisses were amazing and I thought the combination of candy cane and sugar cookies and chocolate would be delicious. My cookies ended up a little more crumbly looking than Alyssa's, but still were very very good. I think I may have just ended up rolling the cookie dough balls too large. No biggie.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped candy cane Hershey kisses
- Granulated sugar, for rolling dough in
- 30 unwrapped candy cane Hershey kisses
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine powdered sugar, butter, extracts, and egg. Beat until creamy.
- Add flour mixture slowly and mix until blended (it will be crumbly). Then stir in chopped kisses.
- Place some granulated sugar in a small bowl.
- Shape into 3/4-inch sized balls and roll each in sugar.
- Bake in a preheated-350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, press a kiss in the center and then immediately place in fridge so the kisses keep their shape. If you don't mind if they melt (the melted kiss creaminess is fabulous too!), then just place the kiss on the cookies fresh out of the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Recipe from The Recipe Critic
facebook | pinterest | bloglovin | instagram