What you need:
- 1 lb. ground beef (or turkey or you can omit)
- 2 - 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 - 6 oz. cans tomato paste
- 1 pkg. spaghetti sauce seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. chopped basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook and crumble ground beef; drain.
- In a large pot, combine tomato sauce and paste with water. For the water, fill each can from the sauce and paste and dump 'em in!
- Add all the spices, onion, garlic and meat. Stir.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and let simmer for at least an hour.
Recipe from Back to the Cutting Board
Recipe linked up at...