What you need:
- 3 cups medium shell macaroni, uncooked
- 1 pkg. frozen spinach leaves (original recipe calls for 6 oz. fresh baby - I will only use half a frozen 10 oz. next time)
- 4 slices bacon, chopped (I will probably add more next time)
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook shells according to pkg, adding spinach in the last 2 to 3 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon; save grease! Drain bacon on paper towels and crumble.
- Add flour to bacon grease and stir until bubbly. Slowly stir in milk. Bring to a boil, while stirring, cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup cheddar (or accidentally 2 cups) and Parmesan; continue stirring until cheese is melted completely.
- Pour cheese into macaroni and spinach; add bacon. Mix.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and top with 1 cup remaining cheddar (or whatever cheese you find in your fridge because you accidentally put 2 cups in on step 4). Bake for 20 minutes.
Recipe Source: Unknown
Recipe linked up at...