2013 has been the year of trying new foods. I've tried quinoa, risotto, eggplant, and quite a few other new things. I just recently tried feta cheese - a food I said I would never try because it looked/sounded gross. And now I love it! I had it in a recipe that I haven't posted before I tried it on this pizza in a large capacity. It was perfect with all the toppings on the pizza. In fact, this may be my new favorite pizza.
What is a new food you tried this year that you love?
What you need:
- 1 recipe pizza dough (my favorite)
- Red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Roasted red pepper, chopped
- Spinach, shredded
- 1 pkg. Chorizo sausage or spicy Italian sausage (cooked)
- 2 containers Feta cheese
- Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- Crushed red pepper
- Mix together red onion, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread pizza dough onto a rectangle baking sheet.
- Top with mozzarella and then onion mixture.
- Top with red pepper and spinach. Then Chorizo.
- Finally top with feta cheese and jalapeno. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper.
- Bake at 400* for 13 minutes.
Recipe from Gypsybeee Vintage
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin