When I was younger, I had a real aversion to lemons. It continued until Nick's return from his second deployment when he was obsessed with lemon on everything. Because I am an awesome wife (tooting my own horn here) I started to gather up lemony recipes to make for him. Then his magical "making-me-like-foods-I-don't-like" powers took over and I am loving lemony recipes! It's fun to get a whole new slew of things to eat because of my new found love of lemon :)
These pancakes are really simple to make and really refreshing!
What you need:
- 1 cup Bisquick pancake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Grated peel and juice of a lemon
- 1/4 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Blueberries and raspberries, plus some
- Butter and syrup
- Whisk together pancake mix, egg, milk, lemon peel, lemon juice, cardamom, and vanilla.
- Fold in 1/4 cup each of blueberries and raspberries.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle and wait until top bubbles, then flip. Cook until golden and remove from griddle.
- Serve with butter, syrup, and additional berries.
Recipe from Betty Crocker
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin