When I saw this recipe on PDub's site, I almost died. Especially when I saw the variations! When I made mine...I did a couple with pesto and pesto AND pizza sauce. The one with both also had sausage and pepperoni...it was my favorite.
So basically these are a quick fix for when I don't want to make homemade pizza dough and don't want to hear complaining about what's on the pizza (which is rare, but it does happen). And depending on how much time you have and which toppings you use, this can be done in a pinch, like with the pepperoni or basil & tomato toppings. Maybe 10 minutes prep time and 10 minutes cooking time tops. So 20 minutes away from heaven!
What you need:
- Deli/sub rolls
- Jarred pizza sauce or pesto
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Meats: Italian sausage or pepperoni
- Additional toppings: basil, tomato, mushrooms, etc.
- Split rolls in half and place on a baking sheet.
- Spread pizza sauce or pesto on rolls.
- Top with desired meats and toppings.
- Bake at 375* for 8 to 10 minutes.
Recipe from Pioneer Woman
facebook | twitter | pinterest | bloglovin